When is my BAS due?
Depending on how you have decided to lodge your business activity statements (monthly, quarterly) they are due as follows:
- 23 Jul 2018 - June monthly BAS due - add to my calendar
- 30 Jul 2018 - June quarterly BAS due - add to my calendar
- 22 Oct 2018 - September monthly BAS due- add to my calendar
- 29 Oct 2018 - September quarterly BAS due- add to my calendar
- 21 Feb 2019 - January monthly BAS due- add to my calendar
- 28 Feb 2019 - December quarterly BAS due- add to my calendar The tax office extends this one from January to December to give business extra time every year – its your Xmas present from the ATO!
The pattern for monthly business activity statements is the 21st of the following month. So January is due 21st February and so forth. Monthly BAS are good for people who don’t like the big hit once a quarter and would prefer to get 3 smaller amounts.Can you make the due dates? When a due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday, you can lodge or pay on the next business day. If you need help with your BAS lodgement, please get in touch 7 days before the due date, at the latest. Are you struggling to get your BAS done in time ? If you are struggling with your BAS lodgement date and are not normally late, we can negotiate extensions with the ATO on your behalf. You need to contact us before the due date. Also talk to us about how a cloud accounting software package could ease the burden at BAS time and get you out of the office.